Dating app Coffee Meets Bagel analyzed the profiles of more than 16,000 single users who graduated from five Chicago universities, breaking down dating trends among each institution's alumni.
Results were broken down by:
- Most attractive (percentage of times singles were liked on the app);
- Most assertive (average number of times singles made the first move);
- Most picky (percentage of times male or female users passed on singles)
- Most chatty (number of messages sent between singles); and
- Matchmakers (percentage of users who suggested potential matches for single friends).
According to the results:
- University of Chicago singles are the most chatty, most assertive, and biggest matchmakers;
- Northwestern University singles are the most attractive;
- DePaul University singles are the least assertive; and
- Loyola Universitywomen are the pickiest.
The University of Illinois at Chicago was also included in the analysis.
"These results reflect on the outgoing and assertive nature that many young people in Chicago have or look for in others," says DePaul freshman Carly Jones. "I feel as if many people new to the college scene are looking for somebody to have a good time with rather than somebody to settle down with, hence categories focusing on attractiveness, chattiness and assertiveness of those in the college scene" (Roti, Chicago Tribune, 12/5).
Rankings aren't everything, at least when it comes to colleges
Next in Today's Briefing
What happens in your brain when you hear a pun