The University of South Florida (USF) has been recognized by College Choice as the best college for veterans in the United States.
To make its list, College Choice assessed each college according to several measures of institutional excellence (incl. graduation rate, student-faculty ratio), student satisfaction, and return on investment (incl. salary outcomes).
According to College Choice, the top 15 best colleges for veterans are:
- University of South Florida*
- Rutgers University-Camden*
- Stockton University
- San Diego State University*
- Lewis University*
- Texas A&M University, College Station*
- Eastern Kentucky University*
- Florida State University*
- California State University, San Bernardino*
- Colorado State University–Fort Collins*
- Western Illinois University*
- CUNY–John Jay College of Criminal Justice*
- Quinnipiac University*
- University of Michigan–Ann Arbor*
- University of Nebraska Omaha*
*Editor's note: EAB congratulates our member institutions who made the list. Member institutions listed above are marked with an asterisk.
Several of the highly ranked schools offers dedicated support programs to student veterans. For example, USF's Office of Veteran Success not only offers assistance to student veterans, but also employs them in the office. USF also has dedicated counseling, academic support, student lounge, and career counseling for veterans (College Choice ranking, accessed 1/3).
Four models for supporting student veterans on campus
Next in Today's Briefing
3 ways to keep your resolution to unplug