- What types of allied health programs naturally compliment a liberal arts program in nursing?
- What motivates the development of healthcare-related programs?
- How do administrators accurately determine which programs will be lucrative in the local market?
- How are new programs implemented?
- How do new programs compete with programs at technical and for-profit institutions?
- What are other institutions’ long term plans for their master’s programs in nursing in light of the national recommendation to shift program development toward doctoral programs?
In order to accommodate the rapid increase of employment opportunities in the healthcare sector, many institutions are considering the development and expansion of allied health academic programs. This brief examines common allied health and nursing programs at baccalaureate and master’s institutions, including information on program content, implementation, and outcomes.