- What general education requirements exist at regional comprehensive institutions?
- What innovative practices do administrators employ to enhance general education programs?
- What criteria guide the inclusion or exclusion of courses and subjects in the requirements?
- What governance structures are in place to oversee general education?
- How do administrators measure and assess learning outcomes?
Many administrators are seeking to establish outcomes-based general education curricula to enhance the consistency and quality of education for all students. This brief examines outcomes-based general education programs at regional comprehensive masters universities, including requirement structure, learning outcomes, and assessment practices. Additionally, the brief outlines considerations for a transition in general education programming and strategies to engage faculty in the transition.