- How do administrators respond to concerns about the rising costs of higher education and the value of liberal arts?
- What types of data best demonstrate the value of a liberal arts education?
- What balance of internal and post-graduation assessments yields the most useful information?
- How is assessment data used in marketing or promotional campaigns?
- What advice do institutions offer for assessing and articulating the value of a liberal arts education?
As prospective students and parents cope with the rising costs of higher education, administrators at liberal arts institutions must clearly demonstrate the value of a liberal arts education in their promotional materials. This brief examines the ways in which administrators articulate the value of a liberal arts education, including strategies for message development and data collection. Additionally, the brief includes considerations for justifying the price of a liberal arts education.