- Through what media outlets do two-year institutions advertise and which are the most effective?
- Who do marketing campaigns target? What components of the community college experience are emphasized in marketing campaigns?
- How do administrators focus on academic achievement, quality of student services, alumni success stories, or some combination thereof?
- How long do marketing campaigns run?
- How large are community college marketing budgets?
- With whom do marketing administrators collaborate to implement marketing campaigns?
Community colleges undertake marketing campaigns to increase enrollment and promote student success, particularly as state funding is threatened and outcomes are increasingly scrutinized. This report describes community college marketing messages, media outlets, and target audiences. This brief also profiles marketing department budgets, and the entities with which marketing administrators collaborate for campaigns. Finally, the report provides the metrics marketing administrators track to assess campaigns.