This report examines strategies for recruitment and retention of high school graduates without prior post-secondary education experience in continuing education units. The report features marketing tools, students support services, and enrollment strategies targeted at high school graduates.
Key observations from our research:
1. High school graduates seek continuing education courses to improve career outcomes; develop courses to prepare students for professional certifications.
2. Open enrollment opportunities to adult high school graduates and students with some college to meet enrollment targets.
3. Train dedicated advisors to ensure successful retention and completion rates amongst high school graduates in continuing education programs.
4. Develop a short semester format to mitigate early retention challenges.
5. Students typically prefer to interact with continuing education units and apply to continuing education programs using their mobile phones.