In 2017, the IT Forum launched our Functional Collaborative on Teaching and Learning. About 50 higher education leaders came together in the past few months to discuss victories on their campuses and seek advice about shared challenges.
A recurring topic during Functional Collaborative kickoff conversations was the need to create campus-wide buy-in for teaching and learning (T&L) initiatives. New learning technologies, online resources, and upgraded learning spaces will not have a positive impact on student outcomes if campus leadership, students, and faculty are not engaged during the planning and implementation stages of new projects.
To help our full membership benefit from the Functional Collaborative on Teaching and Learning's thought-provoking discussions, we compiled the top 10 emerging T&L leader challenges. Schools can use these "up-at-night" issues to identify emerging concerns on their campus and articulate to outside stakeholders potential areas for IT investment.
Top 10 emerging issues for higher education IT T&L leaders
- Faculty Adoption of Instructional Technologies (p. 4)
- Metrics to Evaluate Technology Effectiveness (p. 5)
- Online Course Evaluations (p. 6)
- Standardizing Online Courses (p. 7)
- Ensuring Accessibility Through Technology (p. 8)
- Media Management for Instructional Resources (p. 9)
- Applying Virtual Reality to Teaching & Learning (p. 10)
- Business Cases for Technology Adoption (p. 11)
- Promoting Open Educational Resources (p. 12)
- Repurposing Campus Space (p. 13)
Next, Check Out
Proceduralizing Research Compliance