This report analyzes the organization of student loan services at large, public institutions. Specifically, we investigate how administrators structure student loan offices, deliver services to students, and evaluate their offices.
Key observations from our research
1. Two institutional offices manage student loan services at all profiled institutions.
2. Loan staff oversee the life cycle of student loans from application to repayment.
3. All profiled institutions offer short term loans, which range from $100 to the total cost of tuition for one semester (e.g., $5,000)
4. Institutions proactively engage with and educate students about loans through financial literacy workshops and personalized communication.
5. Administrators assess the impact of their offices through survey distribution and adherence to processing time standards.
Next, Check Out
Student Affairs Innovation Center