The following questions are designed to guide members in evaluating their current recordkeeping initiatives. Based on the number of affirmative responses, each member will fall into one of the categories on the opposite page. These categories can be used to identify tactics particularly well suited to member circumstances. Note: questions should be answered from the perspective of the BIT Chair.
1. Are BIT members automatically alerted when a new referral is submitted?
2. Does your BIT maintain a structured agenda for regular meetings and distribute it to all members prior to the session?
3. Do team members review their office’s records after receiving meeting agendas and share pertinent information about students of concern with the BIT chair?
4. Are low-level concerns referred to appropriate campus resource and closed before being discussed by the BIT?
5. Does your BIT use either a password-protected Microsoft Excel spreadsheet or a secure database to house BIT records?
6. Does the BIT recordkeeping system interface with the campus’s student information system?
7. Are team members asked to update the recordkeeping system before meetings and after conducting case follow-up?
8. Has the BIT assigned one or more individuals to serve as recordkeeping system super users?